How can academics make better use of YouTube?
YouTube is the 2nd most highly visited website in the world. With 22+ billion monthly views, its traffic is greater than Facebook and Wikipedia, and 6x that of Twitter.
Despite the popularity of “how-to” videos and channels aimed at K-12 learners, university and college educators and researchers underuse the platform.
They’re missing out!
Academics can and should make better use of this powerful tool for reaching a global public. And it can be done!
This self-paced, online course covers the essentials of launching (or revamping) an academic YouTube channel.
Learn how to…
- Design and launch an academic YouTube channel
- Plan, shoot, edit, and post videos
- Optimize a channel for teaching, research, outreach, or other purposes
- Invest in the right gear and software for your needs
- Attract and interact with YouTube viewers
- Publicize and promote your YouTube channel
- Manage privacy, copyright, and intellectual property concerns
- Maximize the potential career or institutional benefits of hosting a channel
- Do all of this in a time- and resource-efficient way!